Sunday, February 27, 2011

Champions Online: The Void

I've really been getting back into playing Champions Online on a fairly regular basis.  Not everyday, mind you.  But, often enough to level up in a timely fashion.

I'm really experimenting with the archetypes.  For a long time, I have had a formula of making heroes and always included Regeneration because of its obvious advantage.  But, the archetypes are making me rethink that strategy. I thought I had a gold mine with The Soldier archetype.  But, evidently that was only the tip of the iceberg.


My favorite archetype for the time being is The Void.  This is only available to Gold members and is available to purchase for Silver Members in the C-Store.  This archetype uses the power set Darkness and deals dimensional energy.

One of the main components in this archetype is the ability to put Fear  into your enemies. Endurance and Constitution are the attributes you want to build up.  One of the main powers you will be using is Shadow Embrace for its ability to strike large groups.  The archetype really gets going when you get the Shadow Form slotted passive.  While you are attacking, your character goes into this cool black look with a purple, electric glow around you.  I love that effect.

The character I made is called La Femme.  I'm running out of witty character names so I just imagined her as a French woman.

I like the fact that Champions Online can now make women with chests that look normal.  For a while, you could only make women with enormous bosoms.  I also think the way the game creates women's faces also needs some work, but that's just nitpicking.

I'm leveling up very quickly with The Void and rarely dying.  In fact, I was able to solo the mission "Fight Club" without dying, which was really hard to do previously without Regeneration.

As I experiment with more archetypes, I'll post my finding here.  In the meantime, enjoy the Blood Moon event.

No comments:

Post a Comment