Friday, April 22, 2011

Champions Online: The Tempest


Okay, I know I always say this about the latest power set or archetype to come out.  But, I REALLY LOVE the Tempest archetype.  My highest level characters have power sets like Dual Blades, Archery and Munitions.  So, I never really got into the elemental powers.  My character's name is Stormchaser and his look is based on a character from a movie.  Can you guess which one?

The main part of the Tempest archetype is the Electricity power set.  It starts with your simple single target electricity attacks.  The attack I use a lot is Sparkstorm, which is a close area attack power.

The great thing about the Tempest is that you deal a LOT of damage.  The downside?  You can't take as much damage.  So, you may find yourself dying a few more times than other builds.  But, the sheer fun of electrocuting everything makes up for it, in my opinion.

Your superstats are Endurance and Recovery so you can keep your electric juice flowing.  And you'll need lots of them for your bigger attacks.

I highly recommend this archetype, if not for the gameplay then for all of the cool electric effects.

Silver members can buy this archetype.  Gold members get it for free.


No comments:

Post a Comment