Saturday, September 19, 2009

Shot Through The Heart!

You've seen my main character Technoblade who has a Dual Blades power set. Well, I noticed how many different weapons the archery power set can craft so I decided to make an archer named Cupid.


As a ranged power set, I'm REALLY loving archery. My super stats are based on Dexterity and Ego so I can get great critical strikes. I also build up Constitution so I don't die too fast. And, as usual I take Regeneration or else I'd die quickly.


Unlike Dual Blades, which does quick damage, Archery does CHUNKS of damage in one shot. Sometimes I can one-shot the bad guys. One thing that also help is Mini Mines from the Munitions power set. I shoot my AoE sonic arrow, which stuns them, then I run over and launch Mini Mines which basically blows them up. I've gotten to level 27 with this technique and it doesn't look like I'm going to stop doing that in the near future.

This is my Nemesis: Psyche. In Greek mythology, Cupid was man, Psyche was a woman and they were lovers. In Champions Online, Cupid is a woman, Psyche is a man and they are enemies. I tried to make him look like a Greek god. His power, of course, is telepathy. His minions are animals who use Psi Blades.

In my next post, I'll show you some bows I either received as rewards or crafted on my own.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been leveling a Power armour character and have been experimenting with constitution, but had found it to be disappointingly ineffective in comparison to the Regen/recovery combo, in which you can reach such a point that most characters can't damage you fast enough to prevent your healing, brutally useful in PVP but gets boring very quickly. Think Cryptic are going to tone it down soon enough anyway. Moved towards keeping her in the CON/REC combo and STR for the laser sword hoping I can keep the dps high enough to kill and regen out of combat for max leveling speed.

    (Edit)- Dont know how but Blogger decided to randomly delete my post, Hooray! >.>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought there was already a Regen nerf. I could be wrong though. If you're putting a lot of your points toward Recovery, you SHOULD be rewarded for doing so. Might make it a little overpowered in PVP but things can get hairy in PVE, especially in 5-man missions.

    Mini Mine has already been nerfed. But, I still find it to be useful for melee range enemies since my archer has mainly a ranged power set.

    I have a low level power armor character. Decided to do away with the Power Armor energy builder, as I have found it to be disappointing, and took the Gadgeteering energy builder.

    ReplyDelete