Thursday, August 27, 2009

Arming Your Champion

Only recently have I felt that I have a good handle on the game. My highest level character in open beta was a hero with mostly electricity powers. Because of that, I missed out on a lot of weapon upgrades.


So, I went back and made my main character from closed beta:

Technoblade

Technoblade uses powers generally from the Dual Blades power set. Eventually, he'll have some of the higher powers from Power Armor and Gadgeteering.

He will be my main character initially. I want to level him to 40 before I make another character.
I love that I can change the weapons that I use. I start out with normal samurai-style swords. Then, I got these cool flaming short swords.



Later, I got these interesting Vibro-clubs. The Dual Blades power set can be tricky. It feels underpowered between levels 1-10. By 11, you really start seeing good results. However, because I gave Technoblade mostly Dexterity and Ego to get those great critical hits, his defense is not so good. Regeneration definitely helps but he doesn't feel as invincible as some of my other characters. I'll definitely have to get Medical Drones.

Finally, the actual game gets underway tomorrow with the Head Start weekend for those who preordered with Best Buy and Gamestop. Everyone else will start next Tuesday when Champions Online appears in stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment