Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Second Day Of Open Beta

If you are having either patching problems or account server problems and are still trying to get into open beta, I applaud you. This IS part of the beta process. I know it's annoying but that's what we signed up for, whether you like it or not.
With that said, I'm still having a blast in open beta. I got a cool new power in Gadgeteering.


Munitions Bots - You basically get two cool little robots to fight and shoot for you. Plus, you can control who they attack.

With one click of the button, your two attack drones can also transform into this gigantic gun. It's heavy on the offense and low on defense. So far, though my drones have not yet died. In Champions Online, there's not a lot of pets to be had. So far, this is the best pet I have gotten in the game.


One of my goals in open beta is to try out the different power sets so I won't be wasting time in the actual game. So, that means I'll be making a LOT of characters from scratch. Here's my latest:

Call Me Bruce

Call Me Bruce's primary power set is Martial Arts - Unarmed. Now, I'm not usually one to be a stickler for things like fighting animation but I don't really care for the fighting animation of this set. It seems kind of herky-jerky. Plus, it's repetitive. Your energy builder, Righteous Fists, is a whole lot of punching. Your first main power is Thundering Kicks which is does the most damage in your attacks.

The great thing about Martial Arts - Unarmed is the amount of damage you deal. In the tutorial, I could basically two-shot the henchmen and Black Talon was easily soloed. Dexterity seems to be the main attribute you want in this set since Lightning Reflexes depends on it and I did notice I dealt a lot of critical shots. In my short experience, Martial Arts - Unarmed and Might have been the most damaging melee powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment