Monday, August 17, 2009

First Day Of Open Beta

First off, a Cryptic employee posted on the Champions Online forum that the non-disclosure agreement that was in effect during the closed beta session has now been lifted with the start of open beta today. So, I'm free to share my thoughts on the game plus screenshots.

The open beta session got off to a rocky start today when problems arose regarding the patch downloading before users could play the game. Here's a thread on the problem and what you should do. My problem was a slow download. Reading the forums someone suggested to open ports in my router to speed up the process. I took a 3-4 hour nap (I was tired) and when I woke up the patcher was finished.

Anyway, when I got into the game this is the character I made:

Gadget Gal

She is a normal human with no special powers. But, she's extremely intelligent and uses a lot of technological gadgets to combat her enemies. Obviously, her main power set is Gadgeteering.


Her primary ranged weapons are the Sonic Blaster (energy builder) and the Experimental Blaster.

The third power I got was the Gauntlet Chainsaw. It does melee cone damage and works well on zombies. I upgraded it so that the chainsaw damage gets greater as my opponents health gets lower. The fourth power I took was Regeneration from the Supernatural power set. It's a passive power that heals you as you take damage. It's a great power and some may say it's overpowered. I expect it to be nerfed eventually.

Finally, my travel power is the Hover Disk. Personally, I like normal Flight or Jet Boots better. But, I took this one because it fit the theme of gadgets better than the other travel powers.

My character is only level 9 and is still in the expanded tutorial area. As I level up and get cool, new powers I'll share them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment